Though I'm a newbie (which means I may be completely wrong), I don't
think this is possible "out of the box". The quickest would be to
write a filter which looks up document id's in the first index and
applies this to the second index to get the disired subset to search
over.

I may need this too, so I'm curious what the experts have to say

Regards

Paul