>>Do I have to extract text from PDF file and then pass an InputStream with the
>>text inside?
Yes.
Although technically you could pass the content unparsed it will contain a lot
of unintelligible garbage in the form of markup and images.

All Lucene classes deliberately try and avoid the mucky business of parsing
different specific document types.
This keeps the core engine very tightly focused on indexing and searching
without having to deal with the ever-changing range of document formats.