: Oh boy, how embarrassing for me.  I have never used any unit tests...I
: know I know...don't freak out people :)  I pretty much just started
: really coding in Java.  So, is there anyone out there who has time to
: help me add these to the code?  I would appreciate it and, on the plus
: side, the code will be better tested for the community.

Writing unit tests is a lot easier then it sounds .. especially if you are
writting them as they are ment to be: test of small "units" of code.

take al ook at some of the existing Filter tests, they should give you a
good idea of how to write a test...

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/TestISOLatin1AccentFilter.java?revision=347991&view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/TestLengthFilter.java?view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/TestStopFilter.java?revision=382158&view=markup

..the ideal thing is to not only test the expected "good" cases, but
also any cases where you expect an error to be generated -- not exactly
common in a TokenFilter, but it would be a good idea for example to test
what your Filter does when given plain text (ie: not an email address)

-Hoss