Thanks a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 August 2006 14:26
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Change index structure

On Aug 23, 2006, at 6:22 AM, WATHELET Thomas wrote:
> If I want to add a new field for exemple into an existing index

Documents in Lucene are heterogeneous, with fields being defined per
document not per index.  You can introduce a new field on a new
document at any time.  There is currently no way to _update_ a
document other than deleting it and re-adding it though - so if you
want to add a new field to an existing document you need to take
those two steps.

        Erik