I have received a few inquires about my new query parser. I apologize for making that announcement a little premature. My current implementation only allows simple mixing of proximity queries with boolean queries...complex mixing would result in an incorrect search. A reply to my first email made me consider this more (I had done that part a while ago) and I came to the conclusion that it was obviously unacceptable to release the parser to anyone in this hobbled form. The parser must support arbitrary mixing of boolean and proximity searchers.

I think I have cracked this. I would say I am at 90% of the way to a solution and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. When I have resolved this issue, I will contact those that have expressed interest and provide them with the parser. With some feedback and improvements I will think about how to release it generally.

- Mark