Suppose I have a bunch of valid .cfs files while the segmens/segments.new file is missing or invalid.
The task is to 'recover' the present .cfs files into a valid index.
I think it will be necessary and sufficient to create a segments file that references the .cfs files. The only problem I've encountered in generating a vaild and well-formed segments file is that I need to know the number of docs in each cfs file.
So the couple of questions is:
Do I have to put the right number of docs for each segments or any (dummy) number will do? If I have to put the right number there, how do I get it having the cfs file?

Stanislav