From: Alan Boshier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:39 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Newbie question: lucene sorting problems and stored fields

Hi

We are seeing intermittent problems with searches that use sorted fields
(in lucene 1.4.3).

If we add the fields to our Documents as 'unstored' then we start to see
results that have been sorted by Document ID.

The problem goes away if we add the fields as 'stored'.

Is it a requirement when creating a field for sorting to make it stored?

Thanks

Alan