On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:18 AM, Ronnie Kolehmainen wrote:

Wouldn't the easiest fix be to just alter the users query string before passing it to queryparser (moving the semantics of your search app outside of lucene)?
Something like:

str.replaceAll(" ET ", " AND ").replaceAll(" OU ", " OR ").replaceAll(" SAUF ",
" NOT ")

The problem would be in cases where the users query was:

        title:"SANFORD AND SON" OR genre:comedy

Citerar Mark Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Oh wouldn't we all. I want this too. Unfortunately, it's an elusive
beast at best. As I am sure you know, JavaCC generates code based on the grammar and so it is very hard to alter the grammar after JavaCC'ing it. If you relax the 'add' part then you might be able to do something with
QueryParserConstants.java. This holds an int for each string in the
grammar which indexes into a String array...check it out and you will
see what I mean. So replacing may be as easy as modifying the 'and' and
'or' and whatnot in that String array. You might make a conditional
build file that includes the correct QueryParserConstants.java or
something. I have not explored this too deeply so if you find something
better or this is a dead end, please let me know.

- Mark

Patrick Turcotte wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to add / replace the text for the boolean operators used
by the query parser?

We would like to replace (or even better, add), "AND", "OR" and "NOT" by
"ET", "OU" and "SAUF".

Is there a way to configure the QueryParser to do it?

We know we could always modify QueryParser.jj to add them to the list, but we'd rather like not to have to recompile/rejar each time there is a
new version of Lucene.

Thanks