Sorry if this is a re-post, but I got an "undeliverable" error last time I
tried to post it, something about SPAM. The nerve of that filter!

----------------
I don't have my book handy, but you might want to check out "Lucene In
Action". There's an example of how to create an index of restaurants and
execute a query that orders the responses by the distance to the closest
restaurant.

I think a similar technique (although proabably an easier implementation)
could apply to your problem. Unfortunately, I don't remember the details
well enough to say much more....

Could you accomplish this by implementing your own sort? I have no real idea
whether that's applicable, but it did occur to me......

Not much help, but a start <G>.

Erick