Hi,
I have a collection of 500 txt documents and I implement a web
application(JSP) for searching these documents.
In addition, the application shows the BestFragment of each result and
highlights the query terms.
My application is slow enough (about 2,5-3 seconds for each query) even if I
run it from my computer (It's not publiched yet).
Do you suggest me something in order to improve speed?
I have read that you have to keep the indexsearcher open. Is it right? and
how could I do that(when I must close it)?

In Highlighting I use the following
                    String result =
highlighter.getBestFragment(tokenStream,text)

text parameter must be String so I open the document and convert it to
String. Of course it is time consuming. Is there a different way?

Thanks in advance,

--
Stelios Eliakis