Hi,

I have to decide between  using a RAMDirectory and MemoryIndex, but
not sure what approach will work better...

I have to run many items (tens of thousands) against some queries (100
at most), but I have to do it one item at a time. And I already have
the lucene Document associated with each item, from a previous
operation I perform.

From what I read MemoryIndex should be faster, but apparently I cannot
reuse the document I already have, and I have to create a new
MemoryIndex per item. Using the RAMDirectory I can use only one of
them, also one IndexWriter, and create a IndexSearcher and IndexReader
per item, for searching and removing the item each time.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
javi