Hi Erick,

   I did take a look at the link that u provided me, and I have try myself
but I have no return reesult.

   My search string is "third party license readme"

   Below r the codes that I wrote, please point me out where I have done
wrong.

      readerA = IndexReader.open(DsConstant.indexDir);
                        readerB = IndexReader.open(DsConstant.idxCompDir);

                        //building the searchables
                Searcher[] searchers = new Searcher[2];

                // VITAL STEP:adding the searcher for the empty index first,
before
the searcher for the populated index
                searchers[0] = new IndexSearcher(readerA);
                searchers[1] = new IndexSearcher(readerB);

                        QueryParser parser = new
QueryParser(DsConstant.idxFileContent,
analyzer);

      SpanTermQuery stq = new SpanTermQuery(new Term(field,
buff.toString())); //field = search base on what I have index
                                SpanFirstQuery sfq = new SpanFirstQuery(stq,
searchString1.length);
//searchString1 = "third party license readme"

                                sfq = (SpanFirstQuery) sfq.rewrite(readerA);
                                sfq = (SpanFirstQuery) sfq.rewrite(readerB);

                                //creating the multiSearcher
                        Searcher mSearcher =
getMultiSearcherInstance(searchers);

                                searchHits = mSearcher.search(sfq);

   The sysout as below:

      span first query is ::: spanFirst(TestC:TestC:Third Party License
Readme, 32)