Hi Erick,

If your asking for a list of all the unique values for a particular field,
see TermDocs and/or TermEnum which will allow you to look at, say, all the
values stored for some field. A trick here is to seek (new Term("field",
""));. By putting nothing in the value, you effectively enumerate them all,
something that I didn't find obvious

I think your above solution is very near to what i am looking for ,
But little bit different way...
here is what i am planning to do...

Suppose my index has four fields "product-title" , "product-desc" , "category" and "FLAG" ( Fieldname FLAG has value "true" for each n every doc in index ...just added for iteration purpose )

At search time.. .
query =  +(product-title:nokia) +(product-desc:nokia)
Hits hits = searcher.search(query);
I want to fetch unique "category" from above hits object...

But i dont want to iterate through Hits object....

Now As per your suggestions,  I can do something like this...
TermEnum  enum = termDocs(new Term("FLAG","true")
But it will return enumeration of all the document which is in index...But i want enumeration of all the document which is relevant to "nokia"...
How to . . ?

Thanks
- Bhavin pandya

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erick Erickson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>