Thanks you for your answer.

But, is it possible to group clauses with a "not". exemple:

type:product NOT (name:"toto" OR name:"titi") ??

Christophe

Mark Miller a écrit :
Personally, I think of it as not a 'not' operator, but more a 'but not' or 'and not' operator. Thats not totally the case I believe, but gives you semantics that work. Truly I think that each part of the query creates a score and the NOT query scores 0. That gives a different result than a boolean system. More than a few times it has been mentioned that Lucene is a scoring system and not a boolean system.

- Mark

christophe leroy wrote:
Hello,

I don't understand how to use "not" with Lucene. I
think that it is not a boolean not. I read the
documentation but it is not clear enough on how the
"not" works.

For example, I tried to do this request:
type:product
--> I got 100 responses. It is normal. Then, I tried
this request:
type:product AND name:test --> I got 1 response. It is normal too. And when I
tried this request:
type:product AND (name:test OR NOT name:test)
--> I got 1 response only. I should normally get 100

Could you explain me how the "not" works?

Thank in advance,

Christophe

___________________________________________________________________________ Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com