On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 02:43:13AM -0800, Aaron Shaw wrote:
> field = CreateObject("java", "org.apache.lucene.document.Field");
>
> I'm assuming the next line needs to be the equivalent of this:
>
> Field field = new Field("url","http://localhost:8500/cfdocs/dochome.htm";,
>
> however I'm not sure what this is meant to do so I don't really know how to
> translate it...is this creating a new object or calling a method of my
> existing field object?

It is creating a new object, but Coldfusion represents this differently.

As explained in the Adobe help: http://qurl.com/pg7g2

Your "CreateObject" call will load the object, and you actually call the
constructor by calling "init" on your field object.

David

--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.