>Please try using the MultiFieldQueryParser's constructor, not the static
>>method. I think that might fix your problem.

Yes, after I created a new MultiFieldQueryParser and calling the parse( String
query) method my search executed as expected.

Thanks for your help!
Scott

>> BooleanClause.Occur[]{BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD,
>> BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD}

>Why do you explicitly specify these operators?

I am using the parse(String query, String[] fields, BooleanClause.Occur[]
flags, Analyzer analyzer) method as opposed to parse(String[] queries, String[]
fields, Analyzer analyzer).  They seem to have the same result.

>> q.add(keywordQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

>You seem to wrap a query in another BooleanQuery. As long as keywordQuery
>is the only query that doesn't seem to make sense.

I am adding additional Query objects later on in my code.
the query string specifies to exclude certain terms

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 23:05, Scott Sellman wrote:

>                         new
> BooleanClause.Occur[]{BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD,
> BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD}

Why do you explicitly specify these operators?

> q.add(keywordQuery, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

You seem to wrap a query in another BooleanQuery. As long as keywordQuery
is the only query that doesn't seem to make sense. Please try using the
MultiFieldQueryParser's constructor, not the static method. I think that
might fix your problem.

Regards
 Daniel

--