Steal the FunctionQuery from Solr.  In the past, Hoss has provided some
examples of how it can be used either on this or on solr-user/dev list.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Bhavin Pandya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2007 7:01:08 PM
Subject: How to top ups recent documents

Hello guys,

I think i have posted this questions earlier but didnt got satisfied answer...

I have a index...in which document has one field "update timestamp" ...
Index is gettting update daily....

now when someone searches for "usa" i wants result mixing of "recent +
relevant". ...

I tried by writing "MyHitCollector" ..where i m mixing docs such a way that,
1. docs which has score more than one threshold ....sorting them on date
descending
2. docs which has below score than that threshold ....keeping it as it is...

But on what basis i should take that "threshold value of score"...

Do anybody have tried any other trick to achieve this....something like
boosting a recent documents at indexing time or with some different technique
....?

Or where i am doing mistake ?

Thanks.
Bhavin pandya