Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(new String[]{});
The analyzer used in both cases, would be this one in the code, above.

Does this mean i would have to create a new Analyzer and reindex the whole
lot?

Bearing in mind ofcourse that there is also a free text element also,

See this becomes the problem, for the tags I would like an analyser that i
can tokenize by space alone since the tags are fed separated by a space,
However for the free text, need that to be the Analyser above .
i.e. Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(new String[]{});

Is it possible to add 2 different fields to the same document using 2
different analysers? thisis to say

field 1 analyser 1
field 2 analyser 2
int he same document ..

Are there any implications wrt to doing this