Saroja Kanta Maharana wrote:

Hi All,

    Any one help to implements synonyms search in lucene.

you might want to take a look at the ontology module within nutch.

HTH

Michael

*Regards*
*Saroj*

On 2/13/07, karl wettin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

13 feb 2007 kl. 12.41 skrev Saroja Kanta Maharana:

> "When i searched for "AND", "OR", "NOT" as query, it gives me the
> following
> Exception"
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException:
> Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 3.

You tried to parse the string "OR" as a query. AND, OR and NOT are
treated as boolean operators by the query parser, and a query that
match the operator is expected.

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html>:

Boolean operators allow terms to be combined through logic operators.
Lucene supports AND, "+", OR, NOT and "-" as Boolean operators(Note:
Boolean operators must be ALL CAPS).

If your index is case sensitive, what if you type "OR" (with quotes)
instead?
If you index is not case sensitve, use "or" (without quotes) instead.

--
karl

Michael Wechner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+41 44 272 91 61