Hi
you know, actually we dont indexed this field as Date. we always use string
instead of Date type because we use both Hijri date and Gregorian date so if
we put a Hijri date the DateField not work properly. that is why we index
such this field as String.

as I read the javadoc for QueryParser, it is said to inherits a class from
QueryParser and override its setQueryRange() method. I think in my case I
should do it. what do you think?