Good to know that your devised commercial feature is already offered by
Enhydra Snapper as an open-source feature.
Check here: http://www.enhydra.org/apps/snapper/index.html

On 3/26/07, Ryan Ackley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes I do have plans for adding fast save support and support for more
file formats. The time frame for this happening is the next couple of
months.

I'm playing with the idea of offering a commercial version. I want to
continue to support the open source community so I want to keep it
open source or free and add value that people would be willing to pay
for.

Any comments on this are appreciated. One thing I thought of would be
to continue to offer the text extraction as open source but add html
conversion with hit highlighting for a variety of file formats as a
commercial add on. Is this something anyone would pay for? What are
some other pain points of the Lucene community besides text
extraction?

On 3/25/07, Antony Bowesman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been using Ryan's textmining in prefence to the POI as internally
TM uses