Hi,
afriad I'm a noobie at Luncene but read Otis/Eriks book and was hoping
someone can answer a quick question on the AliasAnalyzer (Chap 4). I want to
build a search for names (Companies/surname, firstname etc) but need to
match thing s like
Robert= bob, bobby, rob etc (or margaret=peggy etc).

1) The problem is my search returns all Robert or Bob hit's if I search on
bob but if I search on Robert only Robert hits come back. I though the index
would automatically provide my required 2-way matching?

2) The second problem is to do with Company names. Can I create the above
alias analyzer to match I.B.M=IBM=International Business Machines? i.e.
multiple words to a single word.

Thanks,

Dave.