Roger Keays wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to delete a single document by using its uuid field:

    uuid = new Term("uuid", item.getUuid().toString());
    writer.deleteDocuments(uuid);
    writer.close();

However, it appears that this operation is deleting *every* document, whether the uuid matches or not. The uuid field is created with

    doc.add(new Field("uuid", item.getUuid().toString(),
            Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

and I can make queries like uuid:76 which return the correct document. Is there something wrong with the way I am using deleteDocuments()? I'm using lucene-2.1.0.

never mind... I had create=true on my IndexWriter, misunderstanding that that meant 'always recreate the index'.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Ninth Avenue Software
p: +61 7 3137 1351 (UTC +10)