is_maximum wrote:

> I registered in Nabble, but to post message you should subscribe to lucene
> mailing list and if you subscribe to mailing list your inbox will become
> full of messages. this is very bad!!!

Let me clear this misunderstanding, the advantage of using Nabble is that
you don't have to receive all list messages. For listservers that support
turning off email delivery, such as ezmlm which the Apache lists use, if you
use the Nabble subscription interface here:
you will be subscribed to the -allow version of the list, so you will be
allowed to post but will not receive list email. If you are already
subscribed to the regular version of the list, you can first unsubscribe,
and then use Nabble to subscribe to the -allow list.
(Some other listservers, like mailman, allow you to enable or disable email
without having to unsubscribe and resubscribe, for those Nabble provides a
"turn off email delivery" option.)

This was one of the goals in creating Nabble, to provide a seamless
integration of forums with mailing lists, so that the community doesn't have
to split between forum users and mailing list users, and those who prefer
forums can use it to participate in the mailing lists without cluttering
their mailboxes. Several Apache projects already point to Nabble for their
discussion forums:
http://activemq.apache.org/discussion-forums.html
http://geronimo.apache.org/discussion-forums.html

If you have any suggestions how to improve Nabble and make it more useable
as a forum, please let us know. Finally, I should mention that Nabble
actually uses Lucene for its search engine, so if you like our search it is
thanks to Lucene.

Tomislav Gountchev
Nabble.com