On 4/12/07, Chris Hostetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: But not which terms have an odd IDF value because of those deleted
: documents.  How much does the IDF value contribute to the "score" in
: search?

all idf's are affected equally, because the 'numDocs" value used is
allways the same

There is that part of it, but it's smaller compared to potential docfreq skew.

If I had a document with "ABC" in it, and it only appeared in that
document, the docfreq is 1.  If I delete that doc, and re-add it, the
docfreq may all of a sudden appear to be 2.

-Yonik