Hi,

I encountered one problem in lucene 1.4.3: I called

Searcher.search(<query>, new Sort("myfiled");

In "myfiled", most values looks like number "123456" or sth
similiar, but one field contains a value "Just a TRY", then
I got error:

java.lang.ClassCastException at
org.pache.lucene.search.FieldDocSortedHitQueue.lssThan
(FieldDocSortedHitQueue.java:129)

It seems that lucene judged this field as number so it
cannot cast one particular value as String?

To me if client did not specify sorting field type, we should
treat it just as String?

Thanks very much for helps and best regards, Lisheng