Sorry , ask a question.
You say FSDirectory is RADdirectory as least until it flushes.

I cannot understand your means . May you please teach me what it means?

FSDirectory stored in filesystem  , and RADdirectory stored in RAM.
MergeFactor and MaxBufferedDocs  settings are limited and controlled
the max docs and size with the tempory Indexing action?

If I am fault , tell me , please . Thank you.

Chris Lin
http://search20.portal20.com.tw
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Taipei , Taiwan.