On 5/25/07, Walt Stoneburner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In reading the math for scoring at the bottom of:
http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/javadoc/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html

It appears that if I can make tf() and idf(), term frequency and
inverse document frequency respectively, both return 1, then coord(),
which is now the primary factor of the product, is what I'm looking
for.

Pretty close, I think.  There is still the length normalization factor
that biases short fields over long.  That's calculated at index time,
and stored in the "norm" along with the boost (they are multiplied
together).

You can change the similarity during indexing, or you can completely
knock out norms via Field.setOmitNorms(true)

-Yonik