On 5/30/07, Daniel Einspanjer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What I quickly found I could do without though was the HTTP overhead.
I implemented the EmbeddedSolr class found on the Solr wiki that let
me interact with the Solr engine directly. This is important since I'm
doing thousands of queries in a batch.

I need to find out about this custom request handler thing. If anyone
has any example code, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, a custom query handler is a better way to go than EmbeddedSolr if
you are looking to implement custom query logic (thousands of
sub-requests for a single app-level request), while keeping the
benefits of a stand-alone server with the HTTP interfaces.

The standard and dismax request handlers use the exact same mechanism
as a custom request handler would.  See the StandardRequestHander and
start from there.

-Yonik