Hi,

I am looking for a in memory Database which needs high speed search
capability as well as should compress the data stored.
Currently have only one table with two columns only in my design.

Can we trick Lucene to use it for the above purpose?

I am thinking something like:
- Create a initial index (stored in-memory) of empty database using
lucene.
- Route all MAD requests to lucene so that lucene updates its indices
but there is no real database exists.
- Make search request only on index created by lucene.

In my database schema, both the columns are marked as indexable fields.

My questions:
- Is this really possible with Lucene design?
- If possible what is the impact on performance creating the indexes and
searching in the index files only?
- Or do you feel this is absurd and I should look into a different tool
(suggestions?)

Thanks and Regards,
Sammpath

Disclaimer:
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise
confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are
hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly
prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal.
Thank you for your cooperation.