thanks Erick.

On 6/25/07, Erick Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In this case, it seems that everything is under your control and you
can gracefully close the Lucene index down when this occurs. Which
I would recommend under any circumstances so as to insure that you
know the state of your index.

At issue here is whether the last N documents that you've indexed
are actually written to disk when the program terminates if it terminates
ungracefully. The only way you can answer this for certain is if you close
the index explicitly, which will flush all pending documents to disk...

Best
Erick