Please take the time, before asking others "what's going on" to at
least format your mail so we can tell what's what. For instance,
what's a field and what's a value in what you sent? I sure can't
tell because there are so many colons. Remember that you're
asking people to contribute time to solve *your* problem so it
would be a good idea to do us the courtesy of taking some time
to make it easier rather than pasting what looks like a log
file entry and expecting us to "just know" what it means.

I can say that your Luke entries are incorrect. Assuming what you're
trying to find is value 15986 in a field PID, the correct form would be
+PID:15986. Which indicates you haven't read the lucene query
syntax documentation very carefully. See
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html

+PID +15986 will look for "PID" and "15986" in whatever the
default field is, which you can identify by looking at the Luke
search page carefully.

None of which may be relevant if there is only one field
called "globbus-gatekeeper".

And what analyzer did you use to index the data? And what
was the data you indexed?

Best
Erick

>Have you used Luke to examine your index and try queries? This will tell
you a LOT about what's *really* happening.....
>Google 'lucene' 'luke' and try it.

I've tried Luke but still have no clue what is going on:
I have the following entry:

2007-06-26T10:56:20-05:00  globus-gatekeeper:  PID: 15986 -- Notice: 5:
Authorized as local uid: 12967

While searching  in Luke with StandardAnalyzer I can find
+uid +12967

but "No Results"
+PID +15986

Any idea?