On 6/29/07, Erick Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What do you get if you do a
System.out.println(que.toString())?

And what analyzer are you using?

Erick

On 6/28/07, pratik shinghal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i m using lucene(org.apache.lucene) and i want the java code for parsing
> single character string..
>
> my code is :
>
> QueryParser qp  = new QueryParser("",analyser);
> String  str = " track 9";
> Query que =  qp.parse(str);
> System.out.println(que);
>
> and i want the answer as  :    track ,  9
>

> but i m getting only "track"  and not getting  "9" .
> so tell me which analyser & queryparser i should use and kindly give me
> the
> java code for the same , as i m new to
> lucene.
>
> --
> Pratik Shinghal

the output of   System.out.println(que.toString())  is    "track".
i m using AlphanumericAnalyser which is the custom Analyser made by me.
the code of this analyser is as follows :

*

class* AlphanumericAnalyzer *extends* Analyzer {

*public* *TokenStream* *tokenStream*(String *fieldName*, Reader reader) {

*return* *new* CharTokenizer(reader) {

*protected* *char* normalize(*char* c) {

*return* Character.*toLowerCase*(c);

}

*protected* *boolean* isTokenChar(*char* c) {

*return* Character.*isLetter*(c) || Character.*isDigit*(c);

}

};

}

*}*