: Is there a way to store lucene index in memcache. During high traffic search
: becomes very slow. :(

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

If you provide some more info about how you are using Lucene (ie: what you
code looks like) and what the concepts of "high traffic" and "slow" mean
to you, we might be able to help you better.

-Hoss