Hello,

> I'm wondering if after
> opening the
> index I can retrieve the Tokens (not the terms) of a
> document, something
> akin to IndexReader.Document(n).getTokenizer().

It is obviously not possible to get the original tokens of the document back
when you haven't stored the document, because:

1) the analyzer might have removed stop words in the first place
2) the terms in lucene index are perhaps stemmed words / synonyms / etc etc
3) how would you expect things like spaces, commas, dots etc to be restored?

And, I think what you want does not comply with an inverted index. When you do
not store the document, you always loose information about the document during
indexing/analyzing

How many documents are you talking about? They must be either somewhere on FS
or accessible over http...when you need the document, why not just provide a
link to the original location?

Regards Ard