Can you provide a self contained test or at least some code for this?

On Jul 19, 2007, at 5:32 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

Hopefully someone will be able to give you some further insight into this. To me, it looks like a corrupted index. If TermVectors where not stored, at worst you should be seeing a NullPointerException. Has this index had anything interesting happen to it? Made with an older version of Lucene, used with a newer version? You are literally trying to read past the end of a file, so Lucene is not finding what it expects in your index. Not much insight there I know :) I am sure someone else will be of further help -- a few more details might be of help in diagnosing the problem though.

- Mark

li hao cho wrote:
Hi all, I use query (+body:12) (+title:12) , but I got some wrong
message bellow:

java.io.IOException: read past EOF
at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill (BufferedIndexInput.java:137) at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte (BufferedIndexInput.java:38) at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readInt (IndexInput.java:47) at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readLong (IndexInput.java:70) at org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorsReader.get (TermVectorsReader.java:107) at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.getTermFreqVector (SegmentReader.java:576) at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.getTermFreqVector (MultiReader.java:85)
      at org.apache.bbs.Server.dowork(Server.java:654)
      at org.apache.bbs.Server$ServerThread.run(Server.java:262)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

line 262 in Server.java as bellows:
TermPositionVector tpv = (TermPositionVector)
reader..getTermFreqVector(hits.id(index)) "body");

I am confused about the error message.

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp