Where are you getting your numbers from? That is, where are your timers? Are you timing the rs.next() loop, or the individual calls to Lucene? What do the getXXXXX methods look like? How big are your queries? How big is your index?

Essentially, we need more info to really help you. From what I can tell, you are generating 3 different Lucene queries for each record in the database. Frankly, I surprised your slowdown is only linear.