Kai,

Thanks. The problem I see it's that although I can add a Document
through IndexWriter or IndexModifier, this won't be searchable until
the index is closed and, possibly, optimized, since the score of the
document in the index context must be re-calculated on the basis of
the whole context.

Is this assumption true? or am I completely wrong?

Cheers.
Antonello