Chris,

Your solution is very interesting and I would like to consider it. At
the moment I'm going to focus on (N)Hibernate Search (in the .NET
version is released in the SVN), which also covers the requirement of
persistence.

If the result of the tests won't be successful, I will immediately
focus on DBSight.

Thanks again to all of you.
Antonello