this is the 2.2.0 release

Grant Ingersoll schrieb:
> What version of Lucene are you using?
>

> On Aug 17, 2007, at 12:44 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> Hello community, dear Grant
>
> I have build a JUnit test case that illustrates the problem - there, I
> try to cut
> out the right substring with the offset values given from Lucene - and
> fail :(
>
> A few remarks:
>
> In this example, the 'é' from 'Bosé' makes that the '\w' pattern don't
> matches -
> it is recognized, unlike in StandardAnalyzer - as delimiter sign.
>
> Analysis: It seems that Lucene calculates the offset values by adding
> a virtual
> delimiter between every field value.
> But Lucene forgets the last characters of a field value when these are
> analyzer-specific delimiter values. (I seem this because of
> DocumentWriter, line
> 245: 'if(lastToken != null) offset += lastToken.endOffset() + 1;)'
> With this line of code, only the end offset of the last token is
> considered - by
> forgetting potential, trimmed delimiter chars.
>
> Thus, solving would be:
> 1. Add a single delimiter char between the field values
> 2. Substract (from the Lucene Offset) the count of analyzer-specific
> delimiters
>    that are at the end of all field values before the match
>
> For this, someone needs to know what a delimiter for an specific
> analyzer is.
>
> The other possibility of course is to change the behaviour inside
> Lucene, because
> the current offset values are more or less useless / hard to use (I
> currently have
> no idea how to get analyzer-specific delimiter chars).
>
> For me, this looks like a bug - am I wrong?
>
> Any ideas/hints/remarks? I would be very lucky about :)
>
> Greetings
>
> Christian

package org.dynaq.index;

import static org.junit.Assert.assertTrue;

import java.io.IOException;
import java.util.LinkedList;

import org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException;
import org.apache.lucene.index.TermPositionVector;
import org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorOffsetInfo;
import org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Hits;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Query;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher;
import org.apache.lucene.store.Directory;
import org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException;
import org.junit.After;
import org.junit.Before;
import org.junit.Test;

public class TokenizerTest
{

    IndexReader m_indexReader;

    Analyzer m_analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer();

    @Before
    public void createIndex() throws CorruptIndexException,
LockObtainFailedException, IOException
    {
        Directory ramDirectory = new RAMDirectory();

        // we create a fist little set of actors names
        LinkedList<String> llActorNames = new LinkedList<String>();
        llActorNames.add("Mayrata O'Wisiedo (as Mairata O'Wisiedo)");
        llActorNames.add("Miguel Bosé");
        llActorNames.add("Anna Lizaran (as Ana Lizaran)");
        llActorNames.add("Raquel Sanchís");
        llActorNames.add("Angelina Llongueras");

        // store them into a single document with multiple values for
one Field
        Document testDoc = new Document();
        for (String strActorsName : llActorNames)
        {
            Field testEntry =
                    new Field("movie_actors", strActorsName,
Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED,
Field.TermVector.WITH_POSITIONS_OFFSETS);

            testDoc.add(testEntry);
        }

        // now we write it into the index
        IndexWriter indexWriter = new IndexWriter(ramDirectory, true,
m_analyzer, true);

        indexWriter.addDocument(testDoc);
        indexWriter.close();

        m_indexReader = IndexReader.open(ramDirectory);
    }

    @Test
    public void checkOffsetValues() throws ParseException, IOException
    {

        // first, we search for 'angelina'
        String strSearchTerm = "Angelina";

        Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(m_indexReader);

        QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("movie_actors", m_analyzer);
        Query query = parser.parse(strSearchTerm);

        Hits hits = searcher.search(query);
        Document resultDoc = hits.doc(0);

        String[] straValues = resultDoc.getValues("movie_actors");

        // now, we get the field values and build a single string
value out of them
        StringBuilder strbSimplyConcatenated = new StringBuilder();
        StringBuilder strbWithDelimiters = new StringBuilder();
        StringBuilder strbWithDelimitersAfterAlphaNumChar = new
StringBuilder();
        for (String strActorName : straValues)
        {
            // first situation: we simply concatenate all field value
entries
            strbSimplyConcatenated.append(strActorName);
            // second: we add a single delimiter char between the
field values
            strbWithDelimiters.append(strActorName).append('$');
            // third try: we add a single delimiter, but only if the
last char of the actor before was a alphanum-char
            strbWithDelimitersAfterAlphaNumChar.append(strActorName);
            String strLastChar =
strActorName.substring(strActorName.length() - 1, strActorName.length());
            if(strLastChar.matches("\\w"))
strbWithDelimitersAfterAlphaNumChar.append('$');
        }

        // this is the offset value from lucene. This should be the
place of 'angelina' in one of the concatenated value Strings above
        TermPositionVector termPositionVector = (TermPositionVector)
m_indexReader.getTermFreqVector(0, "movie_actors");
        int iTermIndex =
termPositionVector.indexOf(strSearchTerm.toLowerCase());
        TermVectorOffsetInfo[] termOffsets =
termPositionVector.getOffsets(iTermIndex);
        int iStartOffset = termOffsets[0].getStartOffset();
        int iEndOffset = termOffsets[0].getEndOffset();

        //we create the substrings according to the offset value given
from lucene
        String strSubString1 =
strbSimplyConcatenated.substring(iStartOffset, iEndOffset);
        String strSubString2 =
strbWithDelimiters.substring(iStartOffset, iEndOffset);
        String strSubString3 =
strbWithDelimitersAfterAlphaNumChar.substring(iStartOffset, iEndOffset);

        System.out.println("Offset value: " + iStartOffset + "-" +
iEndOffset);
        System.out.println("simply concatenated:");
        System.out.println(strbSimplyConcatenated);
        System.out.println("SubString for offset: '" + strSubString1 +
"'");
        System.out.println();
        System.out.println("with delimiters:");
        System.out.println(strbWithDelimiters);
        System.out.println("SubString for offset: '" + strSubString2 +
"'");
        System.out.println();
        System.out.println("with delimiter after alphanum character:");
        System.out.println(strbWithDelimitersAfterAlphaNumChar);
        System.out.println("SubString for offset: '" + strSubString3 +
"'");

        //is the offset value correct for one of the concatenated
strings?

        //this fails for all situations
        assertTrue(strSubString1.equals(strSearchTerm) ||
strSubString2.equals(strSearchTerm) ||
strSubString3.equals(strSearchTerm));

        /*
         * Comments: In this example, the 'é' from 'Bosé' makes that
         *
[...]
         */

    }

    @After
    public void closeIndex() throws CorruptIndexException, IOException
    {
        m_indexReader.close();