Hi Grant,
Really thanks for your nice document about advanced Lucene. it was very
useful for me.

as I understand, we can set some large fields to be lazily loading, now my
question is when it will be loaded? it make sense when we call
doc.get("field_name")
it will load from the index, Am I right?

in my application, I've provided a result set structure to navigate between
results and documents and provide a get(String fieldname) method just like
java.sql.ResultSet.getString() method, and also this result set implements
HitCollector in order to collect my own ID rather than Lucene's document id,
so I think I can set my field ID to be loaded always and the other fields to
be lazily loading, Does this improve the search process?

again, thank you very much indeed.