Hi,
I am new to lucene and am currently having some problems searching an index.

so we make the index like this :

doc.add(new Field("itno", item.getMMITNO(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED ));

this runs ok the index looks like this :

  [stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<itno:00000002     >,

But when we try searching this field we get no hits (search is 00000002, ItemIndexing.getAnalyzer() == SimpleAnalyzer)

try {
           Hits hits =
indexSearcher.search(newQueryParser("itno",ItemIndexing.getAnalyzer()).parse(search));
          //Returns 0
           log.info("Size " + hits.length());
           List result = getResult(hits);
           indexSearcher.close();

           return result;
       } catch (Exception e) {

What are we doing wrong, any help would be appreciated..