On 10/8/07, Karl Wettin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 8 okt 2007 kl. 17.40 skrev saikrishna venkata pendyala:
>
> >  I have abt 17,00,000 documents in 1000 files. I need to index the
> > titles of
> > those documents with out storing the titles and storing the file name.
>
> Not sure I understand what you say here.
>
> You want to create 1,7 million documents containing a short and
> indexed field: title, and a stored field: file name?

Yes this is what I need.

> When ever I issue a query I need to get the name of the file in
> > which that
> > document exists.
>
> You only require boolean term queries? And no scoring, sorting or
> anything like that?

I need the name of the file in which the best matched title exists. Don't I
need scoring here.

Suppose my query is "q1 q2 q3" and their are titles like "q1
q2","q3","q1",etc.  Among this the best mateched title is "q1 q2", and I
need the name of the file in which the document with title "q1 q2" occur.

In that case, it should not be that hard to rewrite Lucene for your