Or maybe the index is not corrupt but then we are hitting the descriptor limit
on opening a searcher and it's being reported as "no such file or directory"?
Hmmm, yes that's possible too...
Should be easy to tell by checking if the file _cf9.fnm already exists.

Oh yeah.  Ryan, does that file exist?

no luck.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ls -l /array/home/nestor/data2/flat/index/_cf9.fnm
ls: /array/home/nestor/data2/flat/index/_cf9.fnm: No such file or directory

I'm backing up the broken index now and will try:

1. run optimize and hope for the best
2. LUCENE-1020

and then hope for the best.

The index takes ~week to build so even having something with a block of stuff missing is better then zero (or gulp, our last backup)

thanks
ryan