From: Erick Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 11:55:00 AM
Subject: Re: Scoring for all the documents in the index relative to a query

Could you explain a bit more what problem you're trying to solve?
The reason I ask is that your question doesn't make sense to me,
since I have no idea what you expect by the term "negative score".

My simplistic view has been that all the docs returned via Hits
or HitCollector have scores > 0, and all the rest have scores of 0,
and this view is supported by the explanation of
HitCollector.collect

" Called once for every non-zero scoring document, with the
document number and its score."

You might also get value from this page:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/scoring.html#Scoring

Best
Erick

On Nov 19, 2007 11:05 AM, HAIDUC SONIA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to obtain the score for each document in the index
 relative to
> a given query. For example, if I have the query "search file", I am
 trying
> to get the list of all documents in the index and their scores
 relative to
> the given query. I tried first using Hits, which gave me the
 normalized
> score. I thought that I don't see the whole list of documents and
 their
> scores because of the normalization, so I tried using HitsCollector.
 But

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs