From: Shai Erera [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:53 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: help required urgent!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is - StandardAnalyzer breaks on hyphen. You'll need to work
around
this by either extend StandardAnalyzer

>From StandardTokenizer's documentation (which is used by
StandardAnalyzer):
*   <li> *Splits words at hyphens, unless there's a number in the token,
in
which case
 *     the whole token is interpreted as a product number and is not
split.*

I've investigated StandardAnalyzer's tokenization and it doesn't look
simple
to disable that behavior. What you can do is extend StandardAnalyzer and
override its tokenStream method to create a TokenStream of your own. If
you
know your text is space separated, you can use StringTokenizer to split
the
text on spaces. If a token contains '-', don't break it, otherwise pass
it
forward the the TokenStream returned by StandardAnalyzer.

Maybe someone else has a better answer, but if you insist on using
StandardAnalyzer, I have a feeling it will be problematic.

On Nov 22, 2007 6:02 PM, Shakti_Sareen < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> But the file I am indexing is very big and I don't know which word
will
> contain the hyphen. The thing you suggest can be implemented only if
> there are some specific words in the file.
>
> Apart from StandardAnalyzer I have got no option.
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> Please suggest me how can I go ahead.
>

> SHAKTI SAREEN
> GE-GDC
> STC HYDERABAD
> 9948777794

AND
> > PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
> copying or
> > distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this
> message is
> > STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> contact
> > the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this
> regard
> > is appreciated.

> --
> Regards,
>
> Shai Erera
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the
> PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
copying or
> distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this
message is
> STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact
> the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this
regard
> is appreciated.

Regards,

Shai Erera