This is from Lucene's CHANGES.txt:
    LUCENE-773: Deprecate the FSDirectory.getDirectory(*) methods that
    take a boolean "create" argument.  Instead you should use
    IndexWriter's "create" argument to create a new index.
    (Mike McCandless)

So you should create the FSDir with

    FSDirectory.getDirectory(File file)

and then you may tell IndexWriter that it shuold clear
old indexes files from FSDir and start/create a new/fresh
index, for examlpe by using:

    new IndexWriter(dir, myAnalyzer, create); // create=true