On Dec 10, 2007, at 4:48 AM, Shakti_Sareen wrote:
I am using StandardAnalyzer() to index the data. I am getting false
hits in ~ operator query.

Actual data is: "signals by magnets of different strength"
and when I am parsing a query: "signals strength"~2  , I am getting a
hit which is a false result.

I am using QueryParser.

Please help on this issue.

Chances are that you've got a stop word remover in the mix, and "by" and "of" are being removed, thus making the words close enough for a match. The built in stop filter does not leave gaps for removed words. So you could either use a custom stop filter or remove it altogether to keep those words there.

        Erik