Grant Ingersoll wrote:
http://trec.nist.gov/trec_eval/trec_eval.8.0.tar.gz is a program that takes in the a results file and a set of judgments and spits out precision and recall. If you want more info, have a look at the TREC program. Also, the Lucene contrib/benchmark section has some tools for doing Quality benchmarks. My talk at http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/apachecon07/LucenePerformance.ppt has a _little_ bit of info on precision/recall, but there is certainly more to be had out there than that.

Do you have relevance judgments?

-Grant