> Then why would you want to combine them?
>
> I really think you need to explain what you're trying to accomplish
> rather then obsess on the details.

I have to create indexes in parallel because the amount of data is very
high.
Then I want to merge them into bigger indexes an move them to the search
server.

(See therad "Max size of index (FSDirectory )" too.)

My question now is, what will happen if one merges indexes which were
created with different analyzer (the customer can confige the analyzer
depending on the data which is indexed)?

I think this will produce unpredicted results when searching.
If so I have to document that only indexes created with the same analyzer
are allowed to merge.

Thank you